Wednesday, May 19, 2010

We Made It!

It is currently 11:35 pm here in Uganda and we are finally all settled. It has been a long couple of days traveling and it feels good to finally be settled into a place that I will call home for the next three weeks.

I started my travels on Tuesday at 11:30 am central time flying from Minneapolis to Detroit and it ended in Uganda today at 7:30 pm, but once we got off the plane, we had an hour bus ride to The Red Chilli. All the flights went smoothly with only a minor delay in Detroit.

Once we got to Uganda, we loaded up the blue MUBS bus to head over to The Red Chilli. When we got here we walked along the rock and gravel path with our suitcases to the cottages where we will be staying for a majority of our time in Uganda. The cottages sleep four with two bedrooms and everyone getting their own bed. We also have a living room, kitchen, dinning room, and a bathroom.

Pictures will be coming soon, but I currently cannot get my laptop working with the wireless internet, but as soon as it is working, I will load some pictures.

Tomorrow we are meeting the MUBS students at breakfast and then we are exchanging our money and heading down to the market. 

1 comment:

  1. Praises...I'm so glad to hear you made it safely. You are amazing! Have a great time, and be safe. Love you! M & D

    ReplyDelete