Monday, May 17, 2010

Almost Ready to Go!!

As many of you know, I am studying abroad in Uganda for three weeks this summer through Drake University and I leave tomorrow. A little background on what I will be doing in Uganda. The title of the course is "Sustainable Development in Sub-Sahara Africa." In the weeks leading up to the trip, I have been going to class and learning many new things about Uganda and its culture and traditions. I have also chosen a topic to research while I am in Uganda. I will be looking at Small Business in Uganda and how they differ from Small Businesses in the United States. I will also look at how regulations differ and how all these things tie into Sustainable Development in Uganda.

While we are in Uganda, our days will be full of many different activities. Some of the activities include visiting the Bugandan Parliament, talking with an entrepreneur, going to a soccer game, visiting a primary school, touring the Ugandan landscape, and much more.

Since school ended, I have been pretty busy with all the last minute preparation and packing. I am finally finished with packing and am officially ready to head to the airport tomorrow morning.

My first flight leaves tomorrow at 1:15 pm from Minneapolis to Detroit. Then I fly from Detroit to Amsterdam. My last leg is from Amsterdam to Entebbe/Kampala, Uganda.

As my time in Uganda goes on, I will post on what I have been doing in Uganda, pictures I have taken, prayer requests, and anything else that develops while I am there.

Prayer Requests:
  • Safe flights tomorrow
  • Emily, Loren, and myself would be accountable to each other
  • The people in Uganda we will encounter
  • Our classmates we will be spending three weeks with

No comments:

Post a Comment